26 Nov 2012
The following stories are related to the 2010 GOP takeover of the Statehouse.
MONTGOMERY—Since revelations about Craftmaster’s bankruptcy first came to light in 2006, its owners have tried to paint it as a non-event. No one characterized the bankruptcy, "nothing to see here," more than company co-owner and current Republican Speaker of the Alabama House, Mike Hubbard.
MONTGOMERY—A Special Grand Jury has subpoenaed records concerning Alabama Speaker of the House Mike Hubbard (R-Auburn). According to three sources with intimate knowledge of the investigation, a Special Grand Jury led by the Public Corruption Unit of the Alabama Attorney General’s Office is gathering documents related to Hubbard’s time as Chairman of the ALGOP.
MONTGOMERY—Quid pro quo, Latin for "this for that," is better understood as I give you something and you give me something. This “something for something” appears to be a key strategy used by the man who led the GOP takeover of the Alabama Statehouse in 2010.
MONTGOMERY—The slowly unfolding story of gaming money being solicited by GOP Leadership in 2010 has reached a new level with the revelation that GOP senate candidates appear to have received over $200,000 in laundered gambling money.
MONTGOMERY—It would be nice to believe that the first amendment concerning freedom of the press was the founder’s denunciation of all double-speak, subterfuge, lies and cover-ups.
Freedom of the press encompasses many things, The right to report the truth without fear of reprisal should be one of them but it is not.
Newer news items:
- Bentley’s Decision to Reject Obamacare Divides Alabama Leaders Along Partisan Lines - 27/11/2012 07:23
- Why Gov. Bentley’s Decision on Medicaid and the Health Insurance Exchange is the Wrong Choice - 27/11/2012 07:14
- Economy and Freedom Go Hand in Hand - 27/11/2012 07:05
- Strange Wins Decisive Victory in White Hall Gambling Case - 27/11/2012 06:51
- Armistead Addresses Presidential Election Defeat - 27/11/2012 06:45
Older news items:
- Auburn Fires Chizik Retains Jacobs - 26/11/2012 05:26
- Bentley Honors Fallen Baldwin County Deputy Scott Ward - 26/11/2012 05:25
- Alabama Still Recovering from April 2011 Tornados - 26/11/2012 05:23
- “Indigent Care, Immigration, Medicaid, and ObamaCare” - 26/11/2012 05:21
- Service Academy Applications Deadline December First - 26/11/2012 05:19