Senator Roger Bedford honored as “Legislator of the Year” by the Alabama Association of Health Plans
28 Feb 2013
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 13:17
- Published Date
From the Office of Senator Roger Bedford
Montgomery, AL – Senator Roger Bedford (D-Russellville) was recently honored as “Legislator of the Year” by the Alabama Association of Health Plans. The Alabama Association of Health Plans is a trade association that represents the health insurance industry. Senator Bedford received the award not based on a voting record but in recognition of his ability to consistently make educated voting decisions in the Senate time and time again.
“I am honored and humbled to receive the award of ‘Legislator of the Year’ from the Alabama Association of Health Plans,” remarked Sen. Bedford. “This award was presented to me, not based on a voting record, but my commitment to educating myself on legislation and voting what is best for my Senate District and the State of Alabama as a whole.”
Senator Bedford has served in the Senate since 1982 and recently served as Senate Minority Leader of the Alabama Senate for 2011 and 2012.
“As a legislator, one of the most important things I can do is take the time to read bills, listen to the stakeholders and constituents and then, vote my conscience,” said Sen. Bedford. “I come to Montgomery and try to make good, solid decisions for Alabamians each day I am in office and will remain committed to that principle as long as I serve the State of Alabama.”
Newer news items:
Older news items:
- House Demands More Accountability From Jefferson County - 28/02/2013 06:37
- Alabama Federation of Republican Women Speak Out on Predatory Lenders - 27/02/2013 09:26
- Shelby Instrumental in Hagel Confirmation - 27/02/2013 06:33
- Democrats Adline Clarke and Karlos Finley Will Face Off in Democratic Party Runoff - 27/02/2013 06:30
- Alabama Legislative Watch Dog Opposes Common Core - 27/02/2013 06:29