By Perry O. Hooper, Jr.
Since his Inauguration Day, Donald J. Trump has been working hard to keep his campaign promises, making the creation of high-paying; sustainable jobs being a top priority of his Administration.
Even before he was elected, he began brokering jobs deals. This became apparent as February’s job report indicated 230,000 new jobs were created, which exceeded expectations by a whopping 30 percent. Construction and Manufacturing soared. While Democrats and the mainstream media obsessed over the minutia of every Trump tweet, our President was putting America back to work.
Jobs Highlights of President Trump’s first 50 days include:
1. No president in history has begun his administration by hosting chief executives from all sectors of American business in unprecedented brainstorming sessions to jump start the economy. He hosted more of these summits in 50 days than Obama did in 8 years. These efforts have been highlighted by job creation announcements from Carrier, Ford and Exxon.
2. President Trump ordered the United States to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement and negotiations keeping his promise to renegotiate trade deals that are unfavorable to the American worker.
3. President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear barricades put in place for eight years by the Obama to the construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline which will create tens of thousands high paying construction jobs.
4. President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete its construction which will produce tens of millions of dollars in revenue for North Dakota.
5. President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to help ensure that new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment made the United States.
Rarely reported in the mainstream media is the biggest job killer ever imposed by a presidential administration were the constant streams of regulations on American business, from every department of the Federal government implemented by the Obama administration. President Trump reversed this on day one.
Cutting Red Tape Highlights include:
President Trump directed each agency to establish a Regulatory Reform Task Force to identify costly and unnecessary regulations in need of modification or repeal.
President Trump has required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
President Trump directed the Department of Commerce to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers.
President Trump signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to prevent the burdensome “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
Repeal and Replace Obamacare, Tax Reform/Tax Cuts, Rebuilding America’s Infrastructure.
More great news for the economy is arriving daily. The American Health Care Act will repeal the most punishing elements of Obamacare, including the massive tax increases and mandates that have increased costs, limited choices, and smothered job creation; especially for small businesses who are the backbone of the American economy.
Tax reform and tax cuts will be huge. Our tax code has been driving capital, business, and research away from this country. It’s not hurting large multinationals, but it’s hurting the average American worker. More importantly, cutting individual tax rates will put more money into the pockets of hard-working Americans.
President Trump’s infrastructure plan is as innovative as it is ambitious. It leverages public/private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment. Just as important, it is revenue neutral.
President Trump has accomplished all of this with one arm tied behind his back as he does not yet have his full team in place, as obstructionist Democrats are still holding up confirmations. My message to the Democrats and to the Never Trumpers: Get out of the way and let our President do what the American People elected him to do: Create jobs, implement health care reform, cut taxes, and rebuild our crumbling infrastructure making America and Alabama Great Again.
Perry O Hooper Jr. was the Trump Alabama State Co-Chair. Perry is a former State Representative and is a member of the Alabama Republican State Executive Committee