Alabama Governor Kay Ivey is the 10th most popular governor in the U.S. and the most, according to a new poll.
The Morning Consult newest Governor Approval Ranking shows Ivey approval rating at 58 percent compared to a disapproval rating of 28 percent
Morning Consult conducted 493,910 surveys with registered U.S. voters from October 1 through December 31, 2019, to determine the 2019 Governor Rankings to measure the difference between the share of voters who approve of a governor’s job performance minus those who disapprove.
In July of last year, her ranking from the previous Morning Consult Governor Approval Ranking poll showed her approval rating suffered a blow from previous polls, plummeting by 17 percent poll was conducted from April 1 through June 30 in the aftermath of Ivey signing the Alabama’s anti-abortion law that was considered to be the strictest anti-abortion legislation in the country.
Ivey’s newest approval rating puts her back in the top 10 most popular governors. She had previously been in the top 10 since taking over the position of governor after Robert Bentley resigned in April 2017. Ivey was elected to her first full term in November 2018.
The top 10 most popular governors from the most recent approval ranking poll are:
- Mark Gordon, Wyoming – 69 percent
- Larry Hogan, Maryland – 69 percent
- Charlie Baker, Massachusetts – 69 percent
- Phil Scott, Vermont – 65 percent
- Chris Sununu, New Hampshire – 59 percent
- Doug Burgum, North Dakota – 58 percent
- Ron DeSantis, Florida – 58 percent
- Greg Abbott, Texas – 58 percent
- Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas – 58 percent
- Kay Ivey, Alabama – 58 percent