Friday, July 20, 2018 Congressman Bradley Byrne, R-Montrose, announced that he will hold twelve town hall meetings during the August District Work Period.
Byrne’s town halls are known as the “Better Off Now” Town Hall Tour.
“Working with President Trump, we have held true to our promises to the American people,” Rep. Byrne said. “Two years later and with many parts of the agenda in place, we can safely say that Americans are better off now. Our communities are safer. The economy is booming. Our military is being rebuilt. Our ‘Better Way’ is paying off.”
“Our communities are safer because we have made supporting law enforcement a top priority,” Byrne added. “We have passed historic legislation to address the opioid crisis, which is having a horrible impact on communities in Alabama and throughout the country. In addition to better policy, we have invested $4 billion in grants and programs to help combat the opioid crisis.”
“No one can deny that the American economy is booming,” Byrne stated. “Just consider these numbers: 90 percent of Americans are seeing larger paychecks under our tax reform bill. 3.7 million jobs have been created since November 2016. There are 6.6 million job openings in the United States as of May 2018, meaning more jobs than job seekers. And, $4.1 billion has been saved in agency regulatory costs by rolling back burdensome government regulations.”
Congressman Byrne will hold public town halls in each of the counties that make up Alabama’s First Congressional District. Byrne will explain how he believes that the American people are better off now thanks to a booming economy, stronger military, and safer communities.
Byrne ranks among the top of all Members of Congress for the number of town hall meetings held. Since assuming office in late 2013, Byrne has held over 100 town hall meetings, including meetings over the phone and through Facebook.
All the town hall meetings are open to the public and free to attend.
The town halls include:
- Salipta on Monday, July 30th at 3:00 p.m. CT at the Salipta Fire Department; 145 River Crest Road; Jackson, AL.
- Atmore on Tuesday, July 31st at 2:00 p.m. CT at the Atmore City Hall; 201 East Louisville Avenue; Atmore, AL.
- Brewton on Tuesday, July 31st at 4:00 p.m. CT at the Brewton City Hall; 1010A Douglas Avenue; Brewton, AL.
- Dauphin Island on Wednesday, August 1st at 10:00 a.m. CT at the Dauphin Island Town Hall; 1101 Bienville Boulevard; Dauphin Island, AL.
- Millry on Thursday, August 2nd at 1:00 p.m. CT at the Millry Town Hall; 105 2nd Avenue; Millry, AL.
- Citronelle on Thursday, August 2nd at 3:00 p.m. CT at the Citronelle High School 8200 Lebaron Avenue; Citronelle, AL.
- Mobile (sponsored by the Association for Mature American Citizens) on Wednesday, August 8th at 2:00 pm. CT at the Connie Hudson Mobile Regional Senior Center; 3201 Hillcrest Road; Mobile, AL.
- Grand Bay on Monday, August 20th at 3:00 p.m. CT at the Grand Bay-St. Elmo Community Center; 11610 US-90; Grand Bay, AL
- Monroeville on Tuesday, August 21st at 3:00 p.m. CT at the Old Monroe County Courthouse; 31 North Alabama Avenue; Monroeville, AL.
- Seminole on Wednesday, August 22nd at 1:30 p.m. CT at Three Rivers Church; 31841 U.S. Highway 90; Seminole, AL.
- Loxley on Wednesday, August 22nd at 3:30 p.m. CT at the Loxley Town Hall; 1089 North Hickory Street; Loxley, AL.
- Spanish Fort on Wednesday, August 22nd at 5:30 p.m. CT at the Spanish Fort City Hall; 7361 Spanish Fort Boulevard; Spanish Fort, AL.