Connect with us

House

Brooks says Americans safer with Gen. Soleimani dead

Brandon Moseley

Published

on

Tuesday, Congressman Mo Brooks, R-Huntsville, accused Democrats of fear mongering after President Donald J. Trump ordered the U.S. military to assassinate powerful Iranian General Qasem Soleimani. Brooks says that Americans are safer with Soleimani dead.

“Socialist Democrats and their Fake News media allies would have you believe World War III is imminent and President Trump is at fault,” Congressman Brooks said. “They’ll work to undermine President Trump at every opportunity even if that means undermining national security. The truth is, Americans are now safer with Iranian military commander and unrepentant terrorist Qassem Soleimani dead.”

Soleimani was the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s Scud force, which has been declared a terrorist organization by the U.S. State Department. The Pentagon says that Soleimani is responsible for the deaths of over 600 Americans.

On December 27, Iranian supported Shia militia launched a series of Katyusha rocket attacks on American military bases in Iraq and Syria killing an American defense contractor and injuring four troops. The Pentagon order F-15 Strike Eagles to attack Shia militia facilities in Iraq and Syria. On Dec. 31 Shia militia stormed the American embassy in Baghdad. 100 Marines and Apache helicopters reinforced the garrison and forced the militants to retreat from the badly damaged compound. On Thursday, Iran’s top general, Lt. Gen. Qasem Soleimani flew from Damascus, Syria to Baghdad. He was met at the airport by the head of the Shia militia and an escort. As the convoy was leaving the airport, a CIA drone fired four missiles into the two vehicles, incinerating all four men.

On Tuesday, Iran fired a dozen ballistic missiles from bases in Iran. The missiles targeted two American military bases in Iraq. Iranian state TV announced that Operation Martyr Soleimani had “killed 80 American terrorists.”

“All is well,” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night. “Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.”

The ballistic missiles missed their targets. Some have suggested that the Iranians intentionally missed to avoid retaliation by the U.S. Pres. Trump has responded by announcing tighter sanctions against Iran.

Advertisement

Iran has released a statement saying that they are through retaliation and do not want further escalation.

Advertisement

Rockets were fired into Baghdad’s green zone once coming within 100 yards of the American embassy.

Original reporting by Fox News and Newsweek contributed to this report.

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Authors

Advertisement

The V Podcast

Facebook

.