Daniel Wims, provost and vice president for academic affairs and research at Alabama A&M University, has officially announced a Presidential Transition Team that aims to ensure a seamless transition of leadership as the 12-year Hugine administration ends and the Wims administration begins. Wims assumes the presidency on Jan. 1, 2022.
The AAMU Presidential Transition Team is charged with designing and implementing a calendar of strategic and inclusive engagements designed to afford the University and the Institution’s external stakeholders a forum for reflexive and insightful exchange.
“I have tasked the Presidential Transition Team with ensuring that we communicate with every facet of the Alabama A&M University Family–students, faculty, staff and administrators, as well as a broad range of multi-sector entities within the Greater Huntsville Community to listen and learn about their key plans, priorities, challenges and opportunities,” Wims said.
The Presidential Transition Team will continue to work with Wims on developing implementable strategies reflecting the University’s core values student-centeredness, excellence, integrity, engagement, customer service, global outreach, diversity and accountability.
“I am committed to implementing the University’s Strategic Plan, while ensuring that Alabama A&M continues to preserve its cultural heritage and integrity as an historically Black College and University and a traditional 1890 land-grant institution,” Wims said.
An 18-member ad hoc presidential transition team will be led by Tonya Perry, interim associate vice president for academic affairs and dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Perry is joined by two co-chairs, Gerald Vines, director of graduate recruitment and enrollment, and Kylie Nash, interim chief information officer. Jeanette Jones, trustee, Faculty Senate president, and university distinguished professor, will serve on the Presidential Transition Team as special liaison to the Board of Trustees.
Presidential Transition Team members were selected not only for their current positions and skillsets but also for their potential to offer unique perspectives, as well as beneficial contacts from the community and beyond.
The members of the Presidential Transition Team are listed below.
- Chair: Dr. Tonya Perry, Academic Affairs, Interim Associate Vice President & Dean, School of Graduate Studies
- Co-Chair: Dr. Kylie Nash, Information Technology Services, Interim Chief Information Officer
- Co-Chair: Mr. Gerald Vines, Academic Affairs, Director of Graduate Recruitment and Enrollment Management, School Graduate Studies
- Special Liaison to the Board of Trustees: Dr. Jeanette Jones, Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate President & Distinguished Professor, Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Mrs. Sandra Stubbs, Marketing, Communications & Advancement, Director, Alumni Affairs
- Ms. Ka’lisa Stanfield, Athletics, Assistant Athletic Director
- Mrs. Felicia Wilson, Aramark, Director
- Major Joseph Rucker, Academic Affairs, ROTC
- Mr. Jerome Saint- jones, Marketing, Communications & Advancement, Director, Office of Public Relations
- Ms. Deja Strong, Former SGA Member/Undergraduate Student
- Ms. Aleisha Nesbitt, Graduate Student
- Mrs. Diann Greer, Student Affairs, Director, Student Activities
- Ms. Courtney Davis, Business and Finance, Interim Comptroller
- Dr. Malinda Swoope, President’s Office, Special Assistant to The President
- Ms. Lisa Spencer, Academic Affairs, Administrative Assistant, Office of The Provost & Vice President
- Dr. Charlotte Teague, Academic Affairs, Asst. Professor, Dept. of English and Foreign Languages
- Mr. Marshall Chimwedzi, Business and Finance, Director, Bulldog Transit System
- Dr. Jacob Oluwoye, Professor, Academic Affairs, Faculty Senate, Department of Urban and Community Planning