The Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee declared former President Donald Trump on Feb. 28 to be “one of the greatest presidents of all time.” This weekend, one of the sponsors of that resolution, Republican insider and former state Rep. Perry Hooper Jr, R-Montgomery, announced that he will travel to Mar-A-Lago, Florida, to present the former president with a framed copy of the resolution.
During the Feb. 28 Winter Meeting, the Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee unanimously passed the resolution that commended the former president as one of the greatest presidents in American history.
This resolution was submitted by several ALGOP Executive Committee members including Hooper, Jeana Boggs of Elmore County, Suzelle Josey of Autauga County, Rev. John Killian of Fayette County, Dennis Beavers of Blount County, Linda Overton of Houston County and Ann Bennett of Lee County.
The resolution includes the line: “President Donald J. Trump was one of the greatest and most effective Presidents in the 245-year history of this Republic.”
The resolution was passed by acclamation without any objection.
“My two favorite Presidents are Ronald and Donald,” Hooper said. ”Both President Reagan and President Trump Made America Great Again and have the facts to back that statement up!”
The resolution cited several of what Republicans view as accomplishments of Trump including:
- putting “the American people and the American worker first in all his decisions and policies”
- developing the “effective COVID -19 vaccines in record time”
- enacting “the largest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law”
- withdrawing “from the job-and-trade-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership…and NAFTA”
- standing “up to China bringing back manufacturing industry to the U.S.”
- his decision to “withdrew from the job-killing Paris Climate Agreement”
- “record low unemployment rates for all Americans, including African, Hispanic and Asian-Americans prior to the pandemic”
- appointing “three constitutional conservative justices to the U.S. Supreme Court”
- building “up and bolstered all of the U.S. military branches around the world”
- the Space Force
- withdrawing “from the shady Iran nuclear deal”
- moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem
- and “initiating the Israel-UAE (and other surrounding nations) accord providing more stability and commerce in the Middle East”
The resolution stated that “President Trump accomplished more in 48 months than Joe Biden did in 48 years as a senator and vice-president.”