HudsonAlpha Wiregrass announced the members of its first Community Engagement Committee. The purpose of the Committee is to strengthen the collaboration, communication and engagement of the local community, businesses, local government entities, the City of Dothan and the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology.
The goals of the Committee are to identity and recommend potential opportunities that advance the goals of HudsonAlpha Wiregrass, provide non-binding recommendations on topics relevant to the work of HudsonAlpha Wiregrass to City of Dothan and HudsonAlpha leadership, and increase overall awareness of HudsonAlpha Wiregrass efforts.
“We’re excited to spread the word of the incredible work the education, research, and economic development teams are doing at HudsonAlpha Wiregrass for the City of Dothan and surrounding communities,” said Dean Mitchell, HudsonAlpha Wiregrass Director. “These 12 incredible members of the community will play a very important and vital role by utilizing their free time to spread the word and help shape the direction of HudsonAlpha Wiregrass.”
The Committee consists of 12 members, including seven appointed by the City of Dothan, and five appointed by HudsonAlpha Wiregrass. These members will serve four-year terms, and can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms. The committee is composed of individuals who represent the agricultural, educational and business interests of Dothan and the Wiregrass region.
Below are the members of the inaugural HudsonAlpha Wiregrass Community Engagement Committee:
- City of Dothan – appointed members
- Josh McCoy – Thompson Farms in Headland
- Stephen Holland – Property Champions Real Estate in Dothan
- Michael Jackson – Director at Aunt Katie’s Community Garden
- Chris Kelly – Kelly Seed in Geneva County
- Kimberly Trotter – Mayor of Rehobeth
- Paula Dean – Houston Academy Educator
- Melanie Hill – Dothan City School Board
- HudsonAlpha Wiregrass – appointed members
- Dr. Marnix Heersink – Co-Founder of Eye Center South
- Jillian Etress – Cottonwood High School teacher
- Chris Parker – Director of Wiregrass Research and Experiment Station
- Troy Fountain – President of Wiregrass Foundation
- Delvick McKay – HR Director at City of Dothan and Tuskegee University graduate