Gov. Kay Ivey on Monday announced her picks to co-chair her inaugural committee to oversee festivities for her upcoming inauguration.
“I would like to thank the honorary co-chairs for their willingness to step up and provide leadership for the state in their role for the inaugural committee,” Ivey said. “Inauguration day is a new beginning for state government, and I look forward to working with this team as we begin another four-year term and ensure that the best is yet to come for the great state of Alabama.”
The co-chairs will be:
- Mark Crosswhite- President, Chairman and CEO of Alabama Power Company
- Jimmy Parnell- President, Chairman and CEO of the Alabama Farmers Federation
- Tim Vines- President and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama
- Cathy Randall- Chairman of the Board of Pettus Randall Holdings, LLC
- Jimmy Rane- President and CEO of Great Southern Wood Preserving
Randall and Rane also served as co-chairs of Ivey’s inauguration in 2018.
The inauguration will be held on Jan. 16, 2023, in Montgomery at 8:15 a.m. with a morning prayer service at First Baptist Church in Montgomery. Ivey will take the oath of office on the steps of the state capitol at 10 a.m. and the inaugural parade will follow at noon down Dexter Avenue. The inauguration will conclude with a gala at 7 p.m.