The Jones Group, LLC and Miller Development Group, Inc. announced today the merger of the two firms to form Jones Miller Group, LLC (“Jones Miller”). The firms will combine efforts effective March 7, 2023, with joint offices in the Capitol Complex at 3 North Jackson Street.
Greg Jones launched The Jones Group in 2005 with just five clients. After nearly 20 years in the business, the firm has amassed over 40 clients. Greg has become a national leader on advancing diversity and inclusion within state lobbying and government affairs.
“The Jones Group is widely recognized as one of the top lobbying firms in the state and one of the largest African-American owned government affairs firms in the nation,” said Deborah Miller, Principal of Miller Development Group. “Jeff and I are excited to formalize our partnership with Greg Jones to service our clients’ advocacy and policy needs.”
Deborah and Jeff Miller are also staples at the Alabama Statehouse and have been aggressive advocates for their broad range of clients for more than two decades. The husband and wife duo represent more than 20 clients on a variety of legislative, public relations, and government relations needs.
“Deborah and Jeff Miller are two of the best lobbyists in the business and I have so much respect for the work they have done for their clients over the years,” said Greg Jones, CEO of The Jones Group. “I’m excited by the opportunities this merger will create for our firms and the clients we proudly represent.”
Jones Miller will maintain partnerships with an extensive, bipartisan network of Alabama-based associate lobbyists, policy experts, and attorneys to allow them to meet the evolving needs of their clients.
Other new leadership roles within Jones Miller are held by the following:
- Lori Lindsey is Vice President of Government Affairs. She is a seasoned lobbyist, fundraiser, campaign consultant and crisis communications professional, who joins the team following an 18-year run as a consultant with Matrix, LLC.
- Neal Morrison is Vice President of Government Affairs. He is a former member of the Alabama House of Representatives, served as Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Senior Services under Governor Robert Bentley and is the former Chairman of the Certificate of Need Review Board.
- Susan Kennedy is Of Counsel and has over 25 years of direct legislative experience and is former General Counsel for the Alabama Department of Revenue. She concentrates in the areas of taxation, budgets, education and economic development.
- JamesAaron L. Pierre, Jr. is Government Affairs Manager. JamesAaron brings extensive experience in leadership advocacy roles in both the public and private sector.
- Natasha Nettles is the Operations Manager for the firm. She previously served as the Executive Assistant for The Office of Speaker Pro Tempore of Alabama House of Representatives for 16 years.