Voters in Prichard, Alabama, went to the polls Tuesday to elect their mayor for the next four years.
Incumbent Jimmie Gardner received 1,493 votes or 43.4 percent of the vote. He will be in the Oct. 5 runoff against Lorenzo Martin, who finished with 875 votes or 25.4 percent.
Other candidates did not make the runoff:
- Rodney Clements received 248 votes or 7.2 percent.
- Ron Davis received 221 votes or 6.4 percent.
- Charles Harden received 151 votes or 4.4 percent.
- Quinn Austin-Pugh received 150 votes or 4.4 percent.
- Reginald Davis received 116 votes or 3.4 percent.
- Linda Burse received 111 votes or 3.2 percent.
- Gabriel Dorton received 78 votes or 2.3 percent.
Many towns and cities held municipal elections on Tuesday.