Secretary of State John Merrill has announced the newly appointed members of the Board of Registrars’ Advisory Council. The Board of Registrars’ Advisory Council will meet quarterly and has eleven members from around the state.
This advisory council was created so that well-respected registrars from every region of the state could directly relay any thoughts, suggestions or concerns to Merrill.
Merrill and the council will work together to ensure that the best practices and procedures are adopted and implemented in all 67 counties, the secretary’s office said. The council also plans to discuss legislative initiatives that pertain to the registrars’ work and voter registration in the state of Alabama.
The inaugural members of the Board of Registrars’ Advisory Council are listed below.
- Bibb County- Pat Clark
- Clarke County- Chris Beverly
- Cleburne County- Philip Morris
- Dallas County- Walter McCrimon
- Greene County- Billie Williams
- Hale County- Marilyn Pickens
- Henry County- Levi Knight
- Jefferson County- Barry Stephenson
- Marshall County- Don Milligan
- Mobile County- Audrey Matranga
- Tuscaloosa County- Pam Rogers