Alabama RetailPAC, the Alabama Retail Association’s state political action committee, has made its 2022 endorsements for the May 24 primaries.
Alabama Retail Association PAC, Alabama Retail’s federal political action committee, also has made endorsements for the U.S. Senate and in one U.S. House of Representative race.
“The Alabama Retail Association believes these candidates understand the issues retailers face and that, if elected, these individuals will give retailers’ interests a fair hearing,” said Alabama Retail Chairman Jodie Stanfield.
The Retail Association closely evaluates each candidate’s record and discusses the ramifications of each race before granting its endorsement.
“We are confident these candidates are the best choices for these positions,” said Alabama Retail President Rick Brown.
Endorsements for both PACs relate to candidates who face opposition in the May 24 primaries.
More endorsements could be forthcoming as the campaign cycle progresses.
For the state’s constitutional offices, RetailPAC endorses:
- Governor Kay Ivey
- Attorney General Steve Marshall
- Secretary of State: Wes Allen
For the appellate court race, RetailPAC endorses:
- Place 5 Associate Supreme Court Justice: Greg Cook
For the Alabama Senate, RetailPAC endorses:
- District 1: Tim Melson, R- Florence
- District 2: Tom Butler, R-Madison
- District 13: Randy Price, R-Opelika
- District 15: Dan Roberts, R-Birmingham
- District 17: Shay Shelnutt, R-Trussville
- District 20: Linda Coleman-Madison, D-Birmingham
- District 22: Greg Albritton, R-Bay Minette
- District 27: Tom Whatley, R-Auburn
- District 28: Billy Beasley, D-Clayton
For the Alabama House of Representatives, RetailPAC endorses:
- District 1: Phillip Pettus, R-Killen
- District 4: Parker Moore, R-Decatur
- District 7: Proncey D. Robertson, R-Mount Hope
- District 14: Tim Wadsworth, R-Arley
- District 23: Mike Kirkland, R-Scottsboro
- District 24: Nathaniel Ledbetter, R-Rainsville
- District 28: Gil F. Isbell, R, Gadsden
- District 38: Debbie Wood, R-Valley
- District 39: Ginny Shaver, R-Leesburg
- District 45: Dickie Drake, R-Leeds
- District 48: Jim Carns, R-Birmingham
- District 49: Russell Bedsole, R-Alabaster
- District 54: Neil Rafferty, D-Birmingham
- District 55: Roderick “Rod” Scott, D-Fairfield
- District 60: Juandalynn Givan, D-Birmingham
- District 65: Brett Easterbrook, R-Fruitdale
- District 67: Prince Chestnut, D-Selma
- District 72: Ralph A. Howard, D-Greensboro
- District 82: Pebblin Warren, D-Tuskegee
- District 87: Jeff Sorrells, R-Hartford
- District 91: Rhett Marques, R-Enterprise
- District 94: Joe Faust, R-Fairhope
- District 96: Matt Simpson, R-Daphne
- District 99: Sam Jones, D-Mobile
Alabama Retail Association PAC endorses these federal candidates:
- U.S. Senate: Katie Britt, R-Montgomery
- 3rd District U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Weaver