The National Federation of Independent Business Alabama PAC has endorsed 17 candidates for seats in the Alabama Legislature. The political action committee is comprised exclusively of NFIB members.
“It’s essential that we elect leaders who understand the challenges facing Alabama’s small businesses,” NFIB State Director Rosemary Elebash said.
“Main Street is facing a host of challenges right now, from the worst inflation in decades to the ongoing lack of qualified job candidates,” Elebash said. “These candidates have shown us they understand the issues and will strive to create and maintain an environment where small businesses can grow and create jobs.” The PAC’s endorsements are based on the candidates’ voting records or answers to a candidate questionnaire.
- District 12 – Keith Kelley
- District 31 – Josh Carnley
- District 3 – Kerry Underwood
- District 7 – Ernie Yarbrough
- District 13 – Matt Woods (an NFIB member)
- District 20 – James Lomax
- District 23 – Mike Kirkland
- District 25 – Phillip Rigsby
- District 26 – Brock Colvin
- District 31 – Troy Stubbs
- District 45 – Susan Dubose
- District 47 – Mike Shaw
- District 61 – Ron Bolton
- District 64 – Donna Givens
- District 68 – Fred Kelley
- District 92 – Matthew Hammett
- District 94 – Jennifer Fidler
Small business owners and their employees vote in high numbers and are known for actively recruiting friends, family members, and acquaintances to go to the polls. NFIB has pledged to activate its grassroots network on behalf of these campaigns.