Alabama Farmers Federation’s political action committee, FarmPAC, on Monday endorsed eight incumbent justices and judges seeking re-election in 2024 appellate court races.
Federation President Jimmy Parnell said county and state Federation leaders recognize the importance of the 2024 election cycle and chose to make official their support for jurists who are serving Alabama well.
“In 2024, 58 percent of Alabama appellate judicial seats will be up for election,” Parnell said. “Millions of dollars will likely be spent to try and change the conservative philosophy of our courts, which has helped Alabama become a place families and businesses want to call home. We are proud to be among the first organizations to endorse justices and judges who are doing a good job for the people of Alabama.”
FarmPAC’s endorsements are:
- Supreme Court Justice Jay Mitchell (R)
- Supreme Court Justice Tommy Bryan (R)
- Supreme Court Justice Will Sellers (R)
- Court of Civil Appeals Judge Terry Moore (R)
- Court of Civil Appeals Judge Chad Hanson (R)
- Court of Civil Appeals Judge Christy Edwards (R)
- Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Richard Minor (R)
- Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Bill Cole (R)
“Each of these candidates has demonstrated a respect for the law, strong work ethic and appreciation for the voters they serve,” Parnell said. “With activist judges and runaway verdicts becoming commonplace in our country, it’s important we continue to elect justices and judges who will apply the law, not write new laws.”
Parnell said these endorsements for the March 5, 2024, primary elections will carry through to the Nov. 5, 2024, general election. The Federation and FarmPAC will make endorsements in other races at a future date.