AlabamaWorks announced the winners of the fourth annual Innovator Awards. The Innovator Awards were created to highlight people and programs across the state that take an innovative approach to solve workforce challenges and help advance Governor Ivey’s Success Plus attainment goal of adding 500,000 highly skilled workers by 2025. The recipient of the award can be an individual, group, organization, school system, teacher, business, consortium or non-profit organization focuses on best practices and those people or entities that are visionaries, solve unique problems and are out-of-the-box thinkers.
Greg Canfield, Secretary of Commerce, and Ed Castile, Executiv3e Director of AIDT and Deputy Secretary of Commerce, presented the awards during a ceremony at the AlabamaWorks! Conference. “We are thankful for the efforts and initiatives put in place by these individuals, organizations and companies that are leading the way in workforce development across Alabama and want to recognize them for their contributions,” said Ed Castille.
This year’s winners for 2023 are:
- Region 1 – Hartselle High School, Tiger Launch Program
- Region 2 – Kim Murray (teacher)
- Region 3 – Tuscaloosa County District Attorney’s Second Chance Program
- Region 4 – TechBirmingham
- Region 5 – Four-Star Freightliner
- Region 6 – Lockheed Martin
- Region 7 – Coastal Alabama Community College, Nursing Apprenticeship Program